Since 2000, DawaNet’s grass root projects and programs have touched thousands of lives and inspired countless Canadian Muslims through engagement, education and empowerment.
Here are a few notable achievements of DawaNet:
- Launched the only-of-its-kind online community portal connecting and informing 400,000 plus Muslims in the Greater Toronto Area through TorontoMuslims.com. Today, over 70,000 people like and follow TorontoMuslims.com on Facebook.
- Initiated a movement of creativity and cultural expression in Canada and the USA with the organization of first annual MuslimFest in 2004 in Mississauga, Ontario. Today, over 33,000 visitors from across Canada and the USA attend this festival celebrating the best in Muslim art, culture, and entertainment.
- Engaged over 550 artists and creative talent in the community and 3,500 young volunteers to date, since the inception of MuslimFest.
- Empowered disadvantaged Canadian Muslim families and individuals Zakat donations, as screened and qualified by the Canada Zakat team.
- Delivered food baskes bi-weekly to 50 needy families in Mississauga since January 2016.
- Invited, inspired and educated over 10,000 students / individuals in the Greater Toronto Area with Islamic education through creative and engaging methods, including classes, halaqas, workshops, seminars, webinars, and conferences offered by Understanding Islam Academy since 2002.
- Distributed over 40,000 copies MY Voice Magazine, published a team of talented young writers, illustrator and designers.
- Developed and maintain an online network of 250 plus Muslim community leaders and Imams across the GTA and Canada.
- Organized historic non-partisan mayoral debates (Mississauga and Brampton) in October 2014, as well as a Muslim youth debate with Federal election candidates in October 2015, each brought together 25 Masjids and Islamic Centres in an unprecedented collaboration for political empowerment and education through Project Civic Engagement.