Since 2000, DawaNet’s grass root projects and programs have touched thousands of lives and inspired countless Canadian Muslims through engagement, education and empowerment.
Here are a few notable achievements of DawaNet
- Launched a unique online community portal connecting and informing 400,000 plus Muslims in the Greater Toronto Area through TorontoMuslims.com. To-date, over 100,000 people like TorontoMuslims.com on Facebook.
- Initiated a movement of creative and cultural expression in Canada and the USA with the organization of first annual MuslimFest in 2004 in Mississauga, Ontario. Today, over 65,000 visitors from across North America attend this celebration of the best in Muslim art, culture, and entertainment.
- Since the inception of MuslimFest, DawaNet has engaged with over 1,050 creative talent in the community and 4,500 volunteers.
- DawaNet empowers disadvantaged Canadian Muslim families and individuals with Zakat donations that are screened and qualified by the Canada Zakat team.
- Since January 2016, DawaNet volunteers have delivered 1800 bi-weekly food baskets to needy families in Mississauga.
- Since 2002, the Understanding Islam Academy has provided creative and engaging Islamic educational programming to over 30,000 students/individuals in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Distributed over 100,000 copies MY Voice Magazine, published a team of talented young writers, illustrators, and designers.
- Developed and maintain an online network of over 250 Muslim community leaders and Imams across the Canada through a GTA Imam and Muslim Leader’s list.
- In October 2014, through Project Civic Engagement, DawaNet organized historic nonpartisan mayoral debates (Mississauga and Brampton), as well as a Muslim youth debate with Federal election candidates in October 2015. Each brought together 25 Masjids and Islamic Centres in an unprecedented collaboration for political empowerment and education.